Presented by Perth Symphony Orchestra
- Thursday, 3 Jun 2021 - 7:30PM
- Friday, 4 Jun 2021 - 7:30PM
- Saturday, 5 Jun 2021 - 2PM
- Saturday, 5 Jun 2021 - 7:30PM
*view multiple performance dates aboveBuy Now
The legendary ‘Grand Master Of A Show’ (Newsweek) debuts at Perth Concert Hall in a powerful concert-style production
celebrating the pop-rock musical score.
Featuring Logie-nominated and recent star of CHICAGO Natalie Bassingthwaighte; Aria chart-topping vocalist Paulini, New York Metropolitan Opera singer Alexander Lewis; semi-finalist in The Voice 2020 Mark Furze; musical theatre favourite Rob Mills; opera singer Eddie Muliaumaseali’i, and musical theatre all-rounder Brittanie Shipway, with backing by twenty-five professional musicians from Perth Symphony Orchestra.
Set during the Cold War, two of the world’s greatest chess players, one American, one Russian, find themselves pawns of their own governments’ sparring in the turbulent East-West political arena. As the game climaxes and stakes rise, Florence Vassey, a Hungarian-born refugee is caught between the two grandmasters, in a triangle of both love and power.
With music by Benny Andersson & Björn Ulvaeus (ABBA), lyrics by Tim Rice and Björn Ulvaeus, and book by Time Rice (The Lion King, EVITA); CHESS THE MUSICAL features smash-hits ‘I Know Him So Well’ and ‘One Night In Bangkok’.
Directed by Tyran Parke, this powerful new production will be the music theatre event of 2021 that cannot be missed.
Licensed exclusively by Music Theatre International (Australasia).
Valid for Thursday 3 and Friday 4 June show only.
1. Book your ticket via Perth Concert Hall
2. Call the Duxton on 1800 681 118 OR email: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Quote the event name, event date and your ticket order number (via your confirmation email) when booking your room.
ARTISTS & CAST
Perth Symphony Orchestra
|Natalie Bassignthwaighte||playing Florence Vassey|
|Paulini Curuenavuli||playing Svetlana Sergievskaya|
|Mark Furze||playing Frederick Trumper|
|Alexander Lewis||playing Anatoly Sergievsky|
|Robb Mills||playing Walter De Courcey|
|Eddie Muliaumaseali'i||playing Alexander Molokov|
|Brittanie Shipway||playing The Arbiter|
ADDITIONAL TICKETING INFORMATION
Infants under 2 years can attend free of charge but cannot occupy a seat.
Exchanges between performances is allowable*
*Please note: Any price differences will be charged and exchange fees apply. Exchange requests should be made no less than 48 hrs prior to the ticketed performance by contacting the Perth Concert Hall Box Office.
Please be advised this event is initially being sold in accordance with current Government restrictions. Should government restrictions change, further seats will be released for sale.
Mobile tickets will be emailed shortly after the order confirmation.
THURSDAY, FRIDAY & SATURDAY EVENINGS
Interval 9:00pm - 9:20pm*
Interval 3:30pm - 3:50pm*
- Prior to an event if you are feeling unwell, we ask you please do not attend the performance and contact our Box Office on either email@example.com or 9231 9999 to discuss the options for your tickets.
- Social distancing requirements will be in place for this event
- Health and safety guidelines for the venue can be found here.
Presented by Perth Symphony Orchestra and Storeyboard Entertainment