| 10 Questions in 10 Minutes |
Heyder & Shears Executive Chef, Jerome Durham
(Executive Chef Jerome Durham)
Perth Concert Hall has been renowned to put on an array of diverse shows throughout its years. Accompanying these shows are a selection of delectable treats that are prepared by our resident caterers Heyder and Shears. A company that has earned an enviable reputation over its 20 years, filled with style, quality but most of all passion.
Cooking up this storm in the kitchen is Executive Chef Jerome Durham. This month we managed to catch up with this talent and asked him 10 questions in 10 minutes.
1. How long have you been in the food industry for?
2. How long have you worked for “Heyder & Shears” for?
(For more information on “Heyder & Shears” )
3. Have you always wanted to be a chef?
Yes I have. Good food was a big part of our home when I was growing up.
4. Do you have any chefs that have influenced you / look up to? If so, who are they?
Australia - Shannon Bennet of Vue de Monde restaurant in Melbourne
International –Rick Stein
5. What is your favourite cuisine to cook?
6. What is your favourite dish to eat?
Love Japanese food and sashimi.
7. In your career so far, what has been the biggest challenge you have had to face?
Biggest challenge would have been coordinating a large function in Kununurra in 2016. Mobilising a full kitchen and 6 staff to do a sit down dinner for 600 people in the far north.
8. For anyone aspiring to be a chef / work in the food industry, what advice would you give them?
Work hard, listen, be patient and have respect.
9. If you were a famous performer, what would you request for your catering rider?
My mums rice & curry.
10. Lastly, what are your favourite three songs you’ve been listening to at the moment?
(Check out ‘You Were Right’ - Rufus) When making your next WASO. ACO or MUSICA VIVA booking at Perth Concert Hall, don’t forget to make a reservation at our café. To view what is available for each show, head to the event on ‘What’s on’.
Tune in next month with another 10 questions in 10 minutes, behind the scenes at PCH!
In the meantime, catch one (or more than one) of our shows hitting the stage this month: